• On average, union workers earn 27% more than their non-union counterparts.
• Equipment operator wages are significantly better in cities with higher IUOE membership.
• About 83% of union members have jobs that provide health care benefits. 62% of non-union members have the same.
• Local 450 members’ health insurance does not come out of our wages. It is provided for above and beyond the negotiated wage.
• The IUOE negotiated pension plan provides a defined benefit upon retirement. Your benefit is determined by how many years of service you have, your determined accrual rate, and the amount contributed on your behalf.
• Just cause – While those not represented by a union are employed “at will”, union members cannot be fired without just cause. When a union member is unjustly fired, the union can work to hold the employer accountable and may be able to get the member’s job reinstated with back pay.
Page Last Updated: May 28, 2020 (09:10:42)